Military aviation started in Denmark in 1912 with the establishment of the Army aviation school (Hærens Flyveskole) and the subsequent foundation of the Army air corps (Flyverkorpset) in 1923. The aviation corps was enlarged, reorganized and renamed the Army air force (Hærens Flyvertropper) in 1932. The first model of Danish pilot wing was established in 1915. It featured a winged device of a cannon with two crossed rifles surmounted by the Danish royal crown. The wing was embroidered in gold bullion on black and later khaki for the model 1921 field uniforms. An observer wing was later established in 1946 in the same pattern but with the right wing removed.
A separate Danish navy aviation school (Marinens Flyveskole) was launched in 1913 and the Naval air service (Marinens Flyvevæsen) was established in 1923. The first pattern Naval pilot wing was a winged fouled anchor surmounted by the Danish royal crown embroidered in gold bullion on black wool and dates from 1915.
Both the first pattern Army and Navy wings were abolished in 1950 when the the air services were amalgamated into the Royal Danish Air Force (Flyvevåbnet), a separate service branch.
All information courtesy of Tod Rathbone